The real 2015/2016 ROH Season
- Ariadne is back with Mattila et. Co. Looks like I’ll make room for it again 😉 The pull of Ariadne is very strong and I liked that production a lot.
- Orpheus by Rossi (who?) comes to the lovely Wanamaker Playhouse. I might invest in a better seat…
- I’m still iffy about Orphee with JDF in the title role (and Lucy Crowe as Eurydice). However, Amanda Forsythe is Amour. Does JDF do drama? Maybe he did in La donna del lago and all I remember is the trills…
- Il trittico might break my no Puccini clause.
- I have no bloody clue what L’etoile is but the names of the characters sound like fun (King Ouf I, Prince Hérisson de Porc-Epic). And Kate Lindsey’s in it too. Sounds like a project to ressurect my currently semi-hibernating Thursday series.
- I might check Onegin out this time around, with Bychkov at the helm.
- Boris Godunov! Yes. Bass power.
- Oedipe with an interesting cast. Another project for the Thursday series.
- Lucia with two casts: Damrau and Castronovo then Kurzak and Costello.
- Nabucco is back with Domingo/Platanias. Then there’s Monastyrska back as Abigail and also John Relyea and Jamie Barton. Looks like I might have to make time for the second Nabucco in 3 years… I didn’t imagine the opportunity would return for at least 10 years.
- If JDD doesn’t make me care about Werther I’m giving up on it.
- There’s also Il trovatore with two casts. I really dislike the opera so far but… I’m having all sorts of confused feelings about Giannattasio (the Leonora in the second cast). I kinda like her rather than her voice. Eh, I’ve a year to make my mind up.
Posted on April 16, 2015, in royal opera house and tagged ariadne auf naxos, boris godunov, il trittico, il trovatore, l'etoile, lucia di lammermoor, nabucco, oedipe, onegin, orphee et eurydice, orpheus, royal opera house season 2015/2016, werther. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.