The 259th Mozart Day
Mozart is da man. Here’s today’s playlist :
- Overture to Die Entfuhrung – this is my ringtone/alarm; something I don’t mind waking me up to at ungodly hours.
- Overture to Lucio Silla – what a great start! one of my favourites, though it gets a bit ploddy halfway through.
- all 20min of Lo sposo deluso – thanks to operaramblings for reminding me how much zany fun this unfinished work is 😀
- The Bassoon Concerto in B-flat major – does this need an explanation?
- reprise of the overture to Lucio Silla – listening twice ftw.
- Der Vogelfanger bin ich ja – more silliness for good measure. The Gerhaher version.
- E amore un landroncello – see above. It’s a surefire earworm. I always have to proceed with caution or it’s cui! cui! cui! for the next two days. Specifically thinking of Dolores Ziegler.
- Venga pur, minacci e frema! – now for something more “threatening”: Baroque Wolfie 😉 VK for this one.
- Madamina, il catalogo e questo – must be properly mugged to the camera. Pisaroni for sure.
what, no Tito? If you must…
- Ah, se fosse intorno al trono – for a noble-hearted finish. Today I’m thinking along the lines of JK or Castronovo, the manly-voiced type of Tito.